11.11.09

Miss Scarlett!


I haven't been making any updates but I promise I have a good excuse. I've spent the past few days reading and falling in love with Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. Being a southern girl myself, I connected deeply with the book though let it be noted that I neither identify nor sympathize with Scarlett O'Hara. She was a giant ball of bad karma and totally had it all coming. I put together this collage hoping to capture the essence of the first two genteel chapters of the book before the story succumbs to the rigors of war. It was a time of lace gloves(mod cloth has some), french perfume (Miss Dior Chere), Ice tea (I loveee Milo's ice tea from Whole Foods),  ice tea flavored lip gloss by DuWop, fans, and  lockets. Ok, so they didn't have  the lipgloss but they probably would have* liked* to have ice tea flavored lipgloss. Who wouldn't want that? Maybe I'm just becoming nostalgic for the lazy days of summer since all traces of  the season are gone from my city. At any rate, I highly suggest this timeless novel to all of you.

1 comment:

Kiki said...

but Miss Scarlett, I don't know nothin' bout birthin' babies!

P.S. Clark Gable = my lover.