15.2.10

BEST DAY EVERR

I may not have mentioned this but I am a devoted fan of Shabby Chic by Rachel Ashwell.  Rachel Ashwell has a couple books out as well as a store selling vintage items that embody her aesthetic and apparently a line for Target! Imagine my surprise as I was making a late-night Target run for frozen berries when lo and behold...Shabby Chic bedding!!!!!!!!!!!!Of course I snatched up a white ruffle duvet (pictured here) and some lovely pink floral sheets. I can't even put into words how excited I am to snuggle down in this beautiful comforter this summer and honestly, finding a duvet cover for cheap has been a bitch. The duvet cover also came with two adorable shams. Funny thing is, they have almost the same duvet at Athropologie but it's about 4X more expensive and that's not including the shams (which would be bought separately).  Everything looks very 1940's farmhouse vintage. Timeless and beautifully sweet pastels, florals, and lace. Not convinced yet? Check it out yourself! Its got its own little section in the domestics area in Target or find it here online.  Some new curtains from Shabby Chic are next on my list...by by ugly blue pottery barn atrocity.

No comments: