3.2.10

Calvin Klein Spring 2010


I was perusing Style.com and stumbled across a makeup tutorial for the Calvin Klein Spring 2010 RTW collection. The models' makeup was dewy, fresh, youthful, and a touch sporty with the low ponytail. I deviated from the directions a little but the result was a considerably less expensive/ shiny version of the ck runway look. All in all, I was very happy with the results! Here's how to get this spring-ready look : 1. Organic Wear Tinted Moisturizer- No need for foundation in this look, but if you want some sort of coverage, go for a tinted moisturizer. Origins tinted moisturizers create smooth, even-toned, dewy skin with a touch of SPF15 and without that shellacked look of foundation. Cover spots with a little concealer.
2. New CoverGirl Smoky Shadow Blast in Bronze Fire- I've been wanting to try this product since I heard it was going to be released and I finally got to give it a shot yesterday. I really love the rouded tip, lighter taupe color. It was very creamy and the perfect light touch to this fuss free look. Just rub a bit on your lid and add a touch on the brow bone and the inside corners of the eyes. The bad:  it didnt blend well with the darker bronze color and I found the darker bronze to be too brassy for my skin tone. So, skip the bronze color and instead, I suggest using Cover Girl Exact Liner to get away from the smudgy-zone and into a crisper look.
3. Cover Girl Exact Liner in Brown- love love love this stuff. The applicator is like a tiny felt tip pen with the perfect amount bendy-ness.  I found it to be very similar to the Dior liquid liners, but its about 3 times less expensive. Make a very thin line over the outside of the upper lash line, to add a small touch of natural looking definition.
4. GreatLash Mascara in Clear- Keeping with the overall theme, I opted for clear mascara instead of black or brown to get my lashes in order, but without adding any false length. I have pretty dark/moderately thick lashes but if this is too au natural, use a soft brown. You can also use this product on eyebrows to keep things looking neat.
5. Calvin Klein Flush with Desire Blush #104- My all time favorite blush...and it's discontinued. It creates the most beautiful, silky, natural flush on my cheeks and was the icing on the cake for this look. I've already hit pan on the ck blush, so I'm making the switch over to Neutrogena Soft Color blush in Divine Wine. The color is almost a perfect dupe and once again, about 3 times less expensive than the ck. A light swipe to the apples of the cheeks and you're good! This is when less is more.
6. CoverGirl Continuous Color in Pure Gloss- This is the same color used on the ck runway! My new favorite color for school days. Just enough color for a touch of refinement. Fairly long lasting, and a nice balmy feel.

There you have it chickadees. A clean look to pair with light spring florals with minimal effort.

No comments: