16.5.10

working out..is ..fun?

You know me, all about pumping some iron. Except I hate working out...90% of the time. My ideal work out is probably a 20 min run on the treadmill every three weeks or doing some laps in the pool after soaking up some sun. I want to take some yoga classes, but its taking me some time to find a place thats nearby and relatively inexpensive. I was reading InStyle the other day and it mentioned hula hooping as a new method of slimming down! I don't know about you, but that sounds like straight up fun to me. They have oodles of options online for weighted hula hoops, but I know a little trick.

Ghetto Weighted Hula Hoop
1 serrated knife
1 cheepie hula hoop from wal-mart or someplace like toys-r-us
1 bag of pennies...like 2 lbs worth
1 roll of duct tape

Cut the hula hoop open with the serrated knife, making sure to avoid any appendages (I almost drew back a nub). Hopefully your hula hoop's pipe is large enough for pennies...unlike my first hoop. So, fill your hoop with pennies to your desired weight. I would suggest 1-3 lbs, over three can really be too much for your first few times and you can always increase its weight. Tape the hoop back together and voila! Weighted hula hoop...albeit a loud one.

pic

No comments: